This week was filled with recovering from the craziness of my photography job over the weekend, and editing, editing, editing after work, on my lunch break, and into the wee hours of the night. And this weekend is my last before I leave for London and Paris one week from today – aaaahhhh! Freaking out. I need to catch up on some work and clean my apartment which is an absolute disaster, but I’m also looking forward to visiting the Union Square Greenmarket and checking out the fall bounty! Still awaiting fall colors in NYC :).
- Displaying family photos is a great way to add a personal touch to your space and keep things in view that fill you with happiness – but 4×6’s in tabletop frames aren’t always the best looking. So I really liked this post on Studio McGee about how to incorporate family photos into your space.
- Designer or custom throw pillows can literally make a room – case in point, my sister’s bedroom. Seriously, picture it without the Pyne Hollyhock pillow! Designer fabrics for pillow covers can get real pricy, real quick (but seriously, worth it), so ready-made throw pillows from designer fabrics are a perfect solution. Check out this great round-up of sources if you’re looking to add some to your space!
- Something super fun for your inbox – Penguin Random House just launched Season of Stories, an 11 week serialized storytelling event. When you sign up, you’ll receive a different short story each week – new stories begin on Tuesday and continue in daily emails, with the narrative wrapping up on Friday. So cool, right – a welcome highlight in the typical drudgery of the inbox!
- “Most crime fiction is diverting; French’s is consuming.” A really great article on Tana French, which also illuminated for me why I loved Broken Harbor so much, and wasn’t as big a fan of The Secret Place.
- Have you guys heard of Lithub? In their Bookmarks section, they average reviews of a book from across the web and gives the book a rating based on that. Such a good idea!
- My favorite game: compare the UK and US versions of book covers! I find it so fascinating.
- How to read more books.
- Will captures such a unique and colorful view of the city – I just love seeing all of the amazing spots he discovers!
- Speaking of amazing discoveries: I enjoyed reading Meghan’s interview with Kristen Tolman of Cookie Dō NYC – yum! Need.
- Where I’ll be this weekend.
Hope you all have a great weekend! xoxo
photo via my instagram