Well guys, the big day is finally here – I’m off to Europe for the very first time! 5 days in London, 3 days in Paris, and I couldn’t be more excited. We have a jam packed schedule and I just can’t wait to soak it all in.
One thing I’m really looking forward to is visiting Comptoir des Cotonniers – they’re a French clothing brand that used to have stores all over NYC, and my favorite items in my closet are from there. All of their US stores closed last year, and they don’t have online shipping to the US, so I’m so psyched to stop in in London (or Paris).
Other items on the agenda include a day trip to Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath, all the touristy hot spots (Big Ben, Tower of London), the Mae Deli, tea at Sketch, a visit to Persephone Books, and so much more…then a food tour in Montmartre in Paris, Notre Dame, Versailles, Jardin du Palais Royal, the Louvre…and honestly, that’s only the half of it. My camera, and my legs, are going to be getting a serious workout!
Anyway, I’ve got posts scheduled to go up all of next week (especially excited for Monday’s!) so I’ll see you back here then! And of course if you want to keep up with my travels I’m sure I’ll be posting on Instagram quite a bit. Have a great weekend and thank you all again so much for sharing your Europe recommendations – I really appreciate it!
Some links for your weekend – hope you enjoy! xoxo
- A really good guide to everything you could ever need to know about throw pillows – what size to get, what to put inside them, and more! (via Lark and Linen).
- “There is some deep part of human nature driven to amass possessions to make a home feel cozy and finished. Yet with too much of too many good things, environments become oppressive, regardless of how beautiful each individual object may be.” – wise words from Jesse Carrier and Mara Miller, and more top designers share their advice here.
- How charming is this sweet London print? Perfect timing 🙂
- Erin Gates is one of my favorite bloggers and authors, and her new home collection recently launched on Wayfair and AllModern – so exciting! Loved reading this article and interview about it in Arch Digest.
- The Adult Guide to Buying Wine Glasses. I’m one of those people that they reference in the article who have been drinking their wine out of mugs (hey, what’s a girl to do when her Ikea wine glasses break?!), so pretty sure I need to study this.
- Butcher’s Daughter is one of my favorite spots for semi-healthy and fully delicious brunch, so I enjoyed learning more about the founder and how she created such a successful restaurant.
- Did you guys see the teaser trailer for Reese Witherspoon’s HBO adaptation of Big Little Lies? So weird – it looks nothing like the book! Am I missing something? What do you guys think?