In December, I received the most wonderful birthday gift from my sister: the Alexandra Von Furstenberg Acrylic Treasure Box in Black Smoke. I’ve been a HUGE fan of Alexandra Von Furstenberg’s neon acrylic items for a long time (this especially), but when I saw the smoke print (available on trays, coasters, and boxes), I just knew I had to have it in my apartment. It’s a really interesting piece – crafted entirely of acrylic, it has the smoke print on the bottom of the box and also the bottom of the lid, creating a really cool double-pattern effect. It’s a really standout item and I’m so grateful to my sister for getting it for me! That being said, I know that these AVF pieces are big splurges. So in addition to a few more pictures, I’ve also gathered up my favorite, more affordable acrylic/lucite pieces below so you can get the look for less. Read on to see!
As I mentioned, this is a super high-quality (i.e., expensive!) investment piece. So I rounded up a few of my favorite, more budget-friendly acrylic pieces below. I think any of these would add a fantastic modern touch to any space:
1. Tissue Box: I actually own this and absolutely love it. A perfect glam touch in the bathroom.
2. Magazine Holder: how good would a bunch of these look lined up on a bookshelf with colorful magazine spines showing through?? SO good!
3. Soap Pump: I think acrylic looks really clean for a bathroom and adds a little interest to a potentially forgotten space.
4. Acrylic Trays: love these.
5. Trash Bin: never thought I would get so excited about a trash can!
7. Magazine Holder: I LOVE this! Interior designer Celerie Kemble used a similar one in a Hampton Showhouse room she designed which you can see here – only hers cost $900 from 1stdibs!
8. Tape Dispenser: a nice, clean look for your desk.
AVF tray photos by me