Thank you all so much for your wonderful feedback on the Brit + Co. video! It was definitely a bit of a crazy and overwhelming experience – tons of equipment, a makeup artist, an 8 hour shoot to create a 3 minute video (!), and more people in my tiny little space than have ever been squeezed in before! Would you like to see a post about the behind-the-scenes and hear more about the making of the video? Let me know in the comments!
Now for some fun links:
- As much as I love crime thrillers, I sadly have not read many older ones (not even Agatha Christie, except for And Then There Were None). Reading about Amy Gentry’s favorites (some from the 40’s, 60’s and 80’s) really intrigued me – some of them sound really good…as does her novel, Good as Gone. Plus she gave props to my fav, Tana French, so clearly she has great taste!
- Studio McGee opened a new e-commerce shop, and as you might expect, it’s full of great decor items. A few favorites: this abstract floral pillow, this striped lamp, and the clean and beautiful Hempstead bed.
- I came across this article on Medium and it’s so worth a read for anyone who finds themselves worrying (so basically, everyone), or having other unproductive and negative thoughts from time to time.
- I absolutely love this sleek, simple Cienne dress on Alex – she styled is so well with the low bun and modern black sandals.
- Have you ever been to CW Pencil Enterprise? I haven’t but I loved seeing the store featured here – beautiful photography and a really great looking shop.
- Lately I feel like I’ve been coming across so much good stuff on Twitter, which is funny because I used to really not be into Twitter. Latest discovery: Worst of McMansions, this hilarious but also incredibly informative tumblr that is half making fun of McMansions (ya know, those suburban monstrosities), but also half teaching you all about basic principles of architecture, and what makes good and bad design in that field – seriously fascinating. But ya know, also funny and entertaining. And reinforces the fact that sometimes the best way of explaining what makes design good is by showing what’s bad.
- Thank you Buttons and Blossoms for the mention in your blog post! Pop over there if you’re planning a city trip anytime soon.
In case you missed it:
photo by me